Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Arrowhead Marsh: Quickie

I had to pick up my sister-in-law from the airport and instead of waiting at the "Park and Call," I waited at Arrowhead Marsh--part of the MLK shoreline. I didn't have much time, but I did see a mighty flock of birds sleeping on the pier. See all those little white blobs there?

Binoc-photo reveals: yes, they are birds!

Almost all of them were willets (plain grey back, white tum. They have a really cool black and white wing pattern that you can't see here. Can you believe none of them were flying in their sleep?). But one of these sandpipers is not like the others. Can you find it?


Hint: It's also the only one rocking out with its beak out. Yep, the brown(er) one with the half pink half black, slightly upturned beak is a marbled godwit.

2 comments:

  1. I love Binoc-view. Especially how you can see the shape of the scope in the corners. It's like on TV when they want to indicate someone looking through a scope but it's *real*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally real. On TV I think they sometimes forget to change the focal depth. C'mon, just tilt-shift!

    ReplyDelete